Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Prime

Cyberverse Commander (2012) - The "aligned continuity" Ultra Magnus. I guess I can take this time for a little history lesson. The aligned continuity Ultra Magnus made his first appearance in the Exodus novel which takes place in the War for Cybertron time. Ultra Magnus is the leader of the Wreckers and apparently, really bad ass with his hammer in hand. I often wondered if he'd ever make his way onto the Prime TV show considering his role in the novels and constant mention of the Wreckers in the storyline...then this toy got announced. My eyebrow already started to raise as there are molded portions in there like the wheels over the shoulders and on the inside of his legs which make no sense unless you're aiming for CG/on-screen accuracy. At the time of writing this, Ultra Magnus still isn't confirmed on the show...but we also have a voyager toy of him coming down the line. So consider me amazed if he never does. As for this toy, he's cool...but far from great. I just have a special place in my heart for him as he was also brought to me by my good friend Jeremy (Gogdog) the week before TFcon 2012 where we had a blast at an amazing lakeside cottage. Memories...

Magnus Collection

Sports Label (2007) - Ok...technically it's not Magnus...it's "White Convoy". But you look at him and tell me it isn't Magnus. All the baby blue and yellow eyes...honestly though I can see why this line never really carried on though. This guy is "shellformer" to the extreme, I mean, look at that arm kibble! Still...at least I can say I have a Magnus that transforms into a shoe...and that's kinda rad on it's own.

6' Titanium War Within (2007) - Apologies for not taking more exciting pose pics...but you work with what ya got :P I wasn't a huge fan of the 6' Titanium line, especially their early figures which this figure was a repaint of, but I have to admit, this guy grew on me, at least on a visual level. The mold is still awful but the colours are really nice. He incorporates some nice red and blue accents from his "Ultra" form and since this is War Within I like to think this is Magnus before obtaining his Ultra Armour. It's kinda cool for just having the youngest form of Magnus in a toy.

Alternity (2009) - The only E-Hobby exclusive figure to come out in the Alternity line...and it had to be you..."UltLa Magnus" (look on the box, Engrish is there). Initially most were asking $80 for him but as per usual I figured that no one gives a crap about "white prime" repaints and he'll come down. Sure enough able to grab him for half that and have to say though for my first exposure to the mold it's pretty cool. There's some automorphing in there, and some genius transformation scheme in the legs. Add in a cool pearl finish on a sexy sporty alt mode that is the Nissan GTR and you got a pretty solid Magnus.

Ultra Megmos (2010)
– Some factory in Asia pumped this and a bunch of other KO Transformers plushies. I think he’s cool though, sure he may not be Ultra but he was swinging next to my crotch all weekend of TFcon 2010...longest relationship I’ve ever had.

TFC Toys Targetroid Ultra, Animation on Demand Exclusive (2012) - A TFcon 2012 gift from Ben aka Peaugh. I had no idea this figure was already out before TFcon but Ben saunters in on the Thursday night and ran into me right before I had to leave to pick up Scott McNeil and the airport, pulls out a bag and says "I'm just giving this stuff away" and at the bottom I caught a glimpse of this bitch and my Magnus sense tingled. My instincts grabbed it without hesitation and was all "you're giving this away?!"...I still owe him a drink for this dude...or did I get him one?...those TFcon evenings are a grey area... O_o

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.