Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Energon

– Another one in the Ultra Magnus rarity book. An Armada Overload repaint that was only available in the initial wave of Energon so if you passed on him the first time you saw him you probably didn’t see him in retail again. Poor in poseability but I still like him. Also the first and only Ultra Magnus that’s technically a headmaster.

Animated

Hasbro release (2008)
– A really great design for big blue...really G1 inspired with some nice new takes. Derrick J Wyatt did him justice and this toy really had an amazing ability to go from a boxy alt mode to a wicked curvy robot mode that Animated had stylized. Huge. Lights. Sounds. Bad ass....and yes...Derrick did sign him top of his cab XD

Roadbuster Ultra Magnus (2009) - One of those...unusual...tail end of Animated's figures colour schemes. As his name suggests, these colours are a homage to the Wrecker, Roadbuster in his typical green and orange get up. How can I justify this and somehow fit it into the Animated fiction? Perhaps to join in battle Ultra Magnus decided to use Wheeljack's invention, Electronic Paint, which allows the wearer to manipulate their colours. Why would Ultra Magnus need this ability? Well being the Magnus of the Autobots puts a huge target on your aft, and this was one way to avoid being easily spotted in the field. I'll only pose him with all weapons deployed, showing him battle ready at all times.

Takara release (2010) – Same as the American version but shiny and expensive...only for the diehard Animated and Ultra Magnus fans.

Shattered Glass

2012 - I did it...I caved...I got a shattered glass figure...BUT in my defense...it was the ONE F'N CHARACTER I would have caved for. Jon Spannring was kind enough to pick this one up for me personally at Botcon. At first I had my reservations. I didn't initially like the cheap cop out of using the Diaclone colours for an "opposite universe" Ultra Magnus, but the more I've been looking at him the more I see the method behind the madness. It's basically the red and blue portions swapping colours, and what was white is now black, which does work and I've warmed up to it. The blue plastic is nice with that metallic swirl like God Magnus, it's sexy. There are actually a lot of paint apps on him too which nicely pop details in robot mode, but the vehicle mode kinda looks plain...and that hood tramp stamp...wtf...speaking about wtf's, do ya need that rubsign for when you got a the emblem on the side windows. Still on the fence about how I feel on the clear face...the light piping looks cool but part of me really thinks he'd look better in black with silver dry brushing. I think I'll always have mixed feelings about this one. :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.