Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #24
joedick
Generation 1
Re: Ages Three And Up - Product and PreOrder Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
1 - Does anyone here know for a fact what they paid for these figures? Not speculation, but fact.

2 - But for the sake of argument, lets say they paid the same as Walmart. If I posted up Netflix stuff for higher prices, would anyone here bat an eye? But yet a small retailer does it and suddenly the pitchforks and torches are out. Sure raise a stink. Maybe next time they won't even bother with that small selection and instead focus their resources on something else that won't garner them a punch in the face for simply offering the consumer an option.

Because that's what it is. If you don't like their price, then you have the option to not pay it, like me.

1 - I don't know what they're paying and I imagine it's not as good a deal as Walmart (though that's not certain either since WM may have had to pay a premium for the exclusivity window). But I'd wager it's close to if not the same as CMD, and they are offering the 5 figures for $169.95 which leads me to believe there's money to be made in selling them for $33.99.

2 - If you bought it and posted it at a premium at least, in theory, we all had some opportunity to buy them at retail. We don't have that opportunity with the Bumblebee reissue, that is what bothers me. Scalpers suck, but everyone should be able to sell their stuff for what it's worth. I just have a problem with stuff going straight from the distributor to excessively marked up prices. If they added $10-15 I wouldn't be posting this but it's more than double, almost 150% increase.

I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't have the conversation because next time they may not bother to order any. We don't have to agree on this, it's cool. But I'm glad I got to bring it up and express my concern, even if nobody else here agrees or cares.

Of course nobody is being forced to buy anything at a price they don't like. I always tell people not to pay scalper prices for Hasbro product because they reissue or remake stuff all the time. But that advice doesn't work if the reissue can only be bought at scalper prices.
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.