View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #21
joedick
Generation 1
Re: Ages Three And Up - Product and PreOrder Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
nah, here's the 411

a few months ago smaller sellers like a3u was offered this deluxe wave. Nothing unusual or weird but some of those retailers passed because Bee is the only real seller with Elita taking second. The rest are shelf warmers as they are lke the 3rd release of said characters (wheeljack, impactor....)

so what youre seeing is a jack up in price on the big seller to cover the potential loss of the shelf warmers. Essentially they are packing the entire waves profit on Bee in the event they have left overs from the rest.

still scalpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
Knowing one of the owners a lil bit and seeing how he's been fairly transparent when higher costs translated into higher prices with his other business, I'm pretty confident that's what we're seeing here, and yeah these probably were indeed sourced from a distributor intending them for japanese market release.

The suggestion that Bumblebee is where they're looking to actually make the profit is probably true as well, since he's the chase figure and they were almost certainly required to buy these as case assortments. I mean, really, anyone who wanted Impactor or Siege Red Alert will have gotten them in this deco or one almost exactly like it long ago.

At a glance, it might seem scalpy, but that's never been their style, and I'm not about to assume they're starting down that dark path over one wave listing.

Doesn't look like these are from Japan as they have stock images of the NA packaging. I'd be open to the idea that they're trying to recover losses on the others except they are charging $50 for those too. Not even CMD is doing that (and CMD allows you to buy the full set for $33.99 each). Even if that was the case, assuming the case pack is the same as WM, they are MORE than making up for the losses if they were to sell the non-Bee&Elita figures for $10 each (which wouldn't be too hard).

I get that A3U are good people, I've bought from them and have pre-orders with them, and they are excellent. But this sucks in my opinion. I get they're not breaking rules, and I am sympathetic to the challenges of small businesses, but it sucks when only a handful of outlets get something and they all jack up the price.

At least with regular scalpers we have a chance to get them at a normal price before they scoop them up. Not so here, and that's why I think this is terrible. I get that they may want to charge a bit extra as specialty often do. But more than double retail for Bumblebee?

I got no skin in the game here - I was lucky enough to find Bee & Elita at WM. But if everyone who got theirs always keeps quiet, this stuff is never going to change.
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.