Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #15
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Everything Wrong with TFTM '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhammer View Post
It's a point of pride for me that I have seen the '85 movie so many times that I can, in fact, recite the whole thing, line for line, from memory. Damn proud of that.

I mean, it's not necessarily a GOOD film. It has a lot of pacing problems (Decepticons attack Autobot City on Earth, go back to Cybertron, then almost IMMEDIATELY go back and attack Autobot City on Earth AGAIN. And it literally takes like two minutes from Unicron devouring the two Moon Bases to the Decepticons showing back up to launch the second attack! Makes you wonder why they made such a big deal about needing to jettison so much dead weight from Astrotrain), but there's some quality animation, a great soundtrack, and some surprisingly serious voice talent involved. Though even I think it something of a travesty that Orson Welles' last role was Unicron. Man deserved better.

No Optimus/Megatron fight will ever be as good as their final battle at the start of the film. The Touch played at my wedding, and I consider "Dare to be Stupid" the soundtrack to my life.

My only really embarrassment concerning the film is that for years-YEARS-when I was a kid, I thought Cyclonus' name was "Bad Comedy" 'cause of when he and Galvatron crash Starscream's coronation, and Galvatron is like "Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy."

...I thought he was introducing his friend for some reason.
My 3 top TF Battles of all time would be:
3rd place - ROTF "You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!". Yes, I LOVE it. Prime, for like 30 seconds is beyond badass here and I love that scene a lot.

2nd place - TMTF "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" Cue amazeballs theme, spend some quality time watching your opposing leaders fight to the bitter end...for now.

1st place - May get flack for this but f**k it.
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic... for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior... let the battle be joined." Then Dinobot faces off against every single Predacon to save the future human race.
After all the movies, all the tv shows, all the characters, I honestly don't think anything tops Code of Hero. Beast Wars may be somewhat dated now but they weren't afraid to friggen write stories that were compelling, fun, didn't talk down to kids (for the most part). Something I find kids cartoons lack today.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.