Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
justprime
Animated
Re: The Dark Awakening was a Dark Awakening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
I forgot that this was a set-up to Return of Optimus Prime, I hadn't seen The Return of Optimus Prime in years.

It's a pointless episode because they could have just revived Optimus Prime at the Masesoleum when the Hate Plague struck insted of reviving him, then getting killed only to be revived once more but this time for good.
Not so,... as it took the creators(quints ) to revive Prime( properly Bring him back to life not as a puppet this time) also tying in the fact that they were created by another race as robots (that evolved over time)..... the giving of the matrix by Rodimus not only showed his reluctance at leadership but also showed the hero that Prime was to Him as hotrod (think how you would react to meeting your hero) as seen in the movie when he jumped megatron going for the hidden lazer pistol......... and once again giving the leadership roll over to Prime to solve the plage by releasing the energy of the matrix.....bringing back Optimus in the dark awakening was a good way to make the point that they are robots and can be manipuilated (like anyone) that there can be a dark side even to autobots, the valor of selfsacrifice, and of coarse a return of the beloved leader.I thought this was one of the better stories of season three.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.