Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #96
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: I just transformed...

I just bought a CW Bombshell from some China ebay seller and it arrived today. So that's what was latest for me.

Seems to not be a knockoff. the finish is a little rough so maybe it's a factory second or something? even though it's in a proper north american distribution packaging.

Anyway as for the figure, I like the transformation. Very much like classic G1 Bombshell (another figure from my youth that I'm happy to have gotten an updated version of)

Aside from fussing and fidgeting to get his bot arms in place on the insect underbelly there wasn't anything terribly wrong or bad with the transformation. He does feel a bit stiffer and more fragile than TR Kickback or PotP Shrapnel though. Which is odd considering that he's the chunkiest bot of the trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
CW Magnus next to POTP Rodimus is a great duo.
I highly doubt Commander class Rodimus, minus the trailer will have the same height or presence that POTP Rodimus has.

POTP Rodimus is another one I recently transformed with my kid to show him the little hot rod bot and the space winibago at its finest.

I liked PotP Rodimus when I got it, and eventually ended up backing off on my vow not to get Rodimus Unicronus (and ended up happy to be able to pair him with Nemesis Prime) but while I like the Hot Rod figure a fair bit, I just can't get around the awful setup of making Rodimus' arms out of Hot Rod's splayed legs. It gives him almost no useful arm articulation and forces him to have strange shoulders that hinge up from his neck, reminding me of the exoskeleton power loader thing from Alien.

Getting everything to line up for the Rodimus vehicle mode, with the car nestled under the trailer the right way and the panels tabbing into its sides was also a bit finicky.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.