Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #1924
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Minimum $35 order before taxes for FREE shipping on their site.

I went and looked it up:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/free-shipping-options

free home shipping on orders totaling $35 or more (before taxes and other costs). Shipping & Handling for home delivery is $5.97 otherwise.

However, on orders under $25, regardless of whether it's ship-to-store (which is free in and of itself regardless of price) or home delivery (which would incur the $5.97 S&H charge at that point, but doesn't count towards the $25 threshold), they charge an additional $5 "order handling fee". This means that if you place an order for less than $25 for home shipment you pay $10.97 in fees between the handling fee and the shipping cost.

It (obviously) doesn't say why, but it seems likely to be to discourage people from placing tiny orders for store pickup and instead either ordering more items or waiting and combining their orders into larger values where it's worth the time and effort of the shipping employees to pack it up and send it out to a store.

I remember because I once ordered some replacement earbuds for ones that I had gotten at a Walmart location but weren't sold in stores anymore. They were still available on the website, but at a price of somewhere between $8 and $9 a pair I chose to order 3 sets instead of just 1 or 2 so I wasn't paying the fee and would have extra backups

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.