Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #27
NorthmenCollectibles
Mini-Con
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
His answer here is not true. He has no more rights than a seller on Ebay. If you ask Paypal to step in here and they ask him where the product is and he says that he does not have it, that's grounds enough to get a refund. If his supplier is not effective at getting him products for his store, then he should find another way of getting his product, or don't sell any of it altogether.

It's well after the release date on Northmen, so Paypal will also take that into consideration when providing you the refund (the credit card company should also work the same way).
Okay now this response is my actual last one because it's just wrong and I want to make sure people properly understand their rights as a consumer in order to best protect themselves.

You're assumption is correct if you're talking about me having refused to provide a refund. I absolutely would lose a dispute for an undelivered product if I refused to provide a refund. I have not been refusing to provide a refund, what's being disputed here is the 15% cancellation fee. I am telling you right now I have won every single dispute levied against me through credit card chargebacks attempting to recoup the cancellation fee and I have not dealt with a single dispute via paypal regarding this because paypal won't even let you dispute it after it's already been refunded.

So please if you want to best protect yourselves the best course of action is to look up a store's cancellation/return policy prior to making a purchase. If they have any fees listed on their site, and you are not comfortable paying that fee DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM. A store is allowed to institute a cancellation/restocking fee. I have discussed this specifically with the chargeback departments at VISA and they confirmed it. What a store is not allowed to do is refuse a cancellation all together and refuse to provide a refund. If a store ever refuses to refund you a product you can absolutely file a dispute.
NorthmenCollectibles is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.