Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #22
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

So here's what I'm not going to do:

I'm not going to directly post private correspondence on a public forum, as the owner of Northmen Collectibles did with my support ticket asking for a refund.

Refuses to refund my 15%. Reasons include:

- it's Policy.
- can't break it every time somebody complains but charge people who don't
- this happens all the time?
- it's the nature of the industry
- swoop and ricochet have only actually been available for a month, so they're only a month late, not six months. other retailers who've had them for two, three, four,five months are... I don't know, exactly?
- store credit only but sorry if you don't want that
- didn't have info so couldn't update (NOTE: the preorder listing on the site has never been updated to reflect a new ETA, nor was I ever informed that it only became available "one month ago", so there certainly was something to be updated on)
- it's common! Hasbro does this all the time!!! (????)

THEREFORE

because it happens all the time and shit is always super late, it's not an unreasonable circumstance to refund the full amount.

I don't really have much to add. Policies aren't fundamental laws of physics. I get why they exist. I work in jobs with policies. And sometimes, you bend or break them or make compromises because it's the right decision. Most of us, I'm sure, have lots of other experiences doing preorders with retailers that aren't Amazon, TRU, or Walmart. Or even BBTS or TFsource among larger third-party toy retailers. I've never encountered a delay this bad. I've literally SEEN Red Swoop and Ricochet in a specialty independent toy store here in Edmonton and, rather than walking out with it in my hands, passed in order to continue waiting for our good faith preorder. Automaton was always good with preorders. Most local shops or small etailers have been good. As my friend just said, blaming the BIGGEST TOY COMPANY ON THE PLANET for huge delays on preorders ALL THE TIME is some "it's not me, it's you" bullshit. It's one thing when a release like MP Dinobot is delayed FROM the source, not even released to distribution by HasTak. That's not the norm. If it is, maybe get out of the preorder business or find a different solution. Cos if you're running into THIS many issues with customers and preorders on a regular basis you have to institute a wild 15% cancellation fee that is unique to your store and far from the norm, I dunno.

I don't really know what to say here. You're all free to make your own decisions but I will have to say: "Buyer Beware."

End of the day, you're stealing from me. You stole 28 bucks, dude. Is that worth the bad word of mouth?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.