Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 05:05 PM   #18
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Still the same approach since the last price hikes... I just plan to get those that seriously appeals to me.

The good thing about the present, is that with so much selection from the older stuff that's decently prices, IF you didn't miss the ones that exploded in scalper's pricing heaven.

I have managed to increase my collection so much in the last several years that I'm actually feeling content with all of the figures and characters that I have, and it would take miracles for me to rebuy any characters now... Blitzwing being a great example of how Hasbro can completely miss the mark and leave me happy with the TR version.

I had only a few figures on pre-order since the last increase, and now just one left (SS BB movie Arcee). Out of everything that's been announced, I look forward to see what's coming, but odds are very low that I'll end up getting more than maybe 1 or 2 other figures for the rest of the year as even some that may look decent, they are made too cheaply (transparent plastic painted over, too many quality issues, too many gaps, etc.) for the price/value.

Because of Hasbro going towards the cartoonish look and cutting corners like crazy while increasing prices, I hit the 3rd party market fairly hard lately and even then, never spent that much more IF even at all more than similar size/class figures but that are much better quality than Hasbro has done.

So yes, the pricing is absolutely killing my interest, but even more is the quality issues, the cheap feel that many figures have, the value that isn't there for the price... which includes the gaps and the lack of decent accessories. (heck, I just purchased 4 more kits to fix/finish 4 more figures so that they can be my "definitive" versions)

But also in the end, they just aren't giving much of anything that actually interest me or feels worth getting to add to my collection.

Funny thing is that I just bought a few more older figures on eBay in the last week, including today, for some that I missed out on many years ago, and even that's running out.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 04-06-2022 at 05:34 PM.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.