Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #17
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

So, I apologize if my constant posts about this subject are getting annoying, but it is a very important factor for me, in making Transformers purchases.

When the infrequent sale price is higher than the perceived customer valuation of the product, a purchase will not be made. And that's where I'm at.

I value a deluxe at $20, and they are now up at a variable rate around $36.
Voyagers held off the price increases, so I did get Cyclonus and Sweep at the $40 price, but $50 is higher than the value of that size class, forget it.
Leaders, I cannot fathom what makes them worth $85, when compared to recent voyagers that are literally the same size.
The last titan class figure I bought was Devastator, and got him on sale for I believe $120, which worked out to about $20 per figure. The high and increasing price of Fort max, Metroplex, and others have prevented me from considering them.

This massive price shift started with the Last Knight movie, when Hasbro started putting deluxes in boxes instead of blister packs, and charging $10 more for often the exact same toy as the previous film. Those dinobots from AOE were re-painted, re-packaged, and the price went up by $10 each for the same toy. You would think, the move towards more cardboard, and less plastic was a cost savings measure as well as an environmental one, but apparently not.

Just about the only figures I am considering purchasing this year, are the Bumblebee Kup, because my Titans return Kup has some floppy arms now after many play sessions with my children. And the legends class Daniel, because I need an exo suit for my display. I'm still disturbed that it's going to cost 17.99 for a simple tiny figure like that.

I am, looking forward to TFcon in the summer, where I always manage find fun older figures at a reasonable price to buy from great people who deserve my hard earned money.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.