Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 04:23 PM   #15
MonstaBot
Sword of Fury=:p
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Agreed!

If you're patient you can find great deals on used loose or still in package toys at thrift stores, specialty shops, conventions and even here on the boards.

I was at a vintage toy shop downtown last week and they had recent stuff from Siege to Kingdom with deluxes from only $10 to $20!!! Ugh! If I had only known. I already bought most of them these past years some at retail and some on deals but even the deals cost more than this shop! Best buys SS Hot Rod $20, Siege Cog and some random legends from Prime and WFC trilogies only $5 each and a MIB original BW T-Wrecks for just $40.

Same weekend at the toy show I got so many great deals on older and newer toys as well= Toys I paid waaay more for in the past or recently cuz I bought as soon as they came out. I did however manage to snag a brand new Kingdom Blaster for only $30 cuz the box was heavily creased but toy inside was mint!!! Also it was good toy karma cuz the dealer and I do biz with each other all the time = $30 gets me so nostalgic for the old days of affordable toys=;p

I was pricing voyagers at Walmart and did a double take when I saw the price $47+!!!! And the Cyberverse warrior class is $33+ Ugh!!!

You really have to be a hardcore 'collector' to buy toys at full retail these days... Daze= I get great deals here and there from my wheeling and dealing and hookups but even I sometimes fall for the lure of retail....I need to learn to curb my instant reaction of grabbing new stuff at retail as soon as they come out=:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Same as I said the last time this topic was raised:

-> thrift shops are your friend
-> make your own discounts (WM Rewards MasterCard)
-> pounce on any exclusives you are interested in, cause aftermarket only gets worse, not better

But actually I'll add a new one, a dream for the future:
-> let EB take Target's exclusives/Buzzworthy line so we can ditch TRU forever
MonstaBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.