Old 04-06-2022, 03:24 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheoth View Post
Definitely!

I bought every release of the Prime war trilogy and Siege and Earthrise and early studio series. Now I've ditched studio series (except some '86) and cherry picking trough Kingdom.

When a leader cost as much as a new videogame release, I know where my money's going. I'd rather play 100+ hours on Elden Ring which will last me a few months, than get a figure that's going to get dusty then thrown into storage when next wave comes. That Blitzwing sure does look great tough.....
It's one thing to have price increases, but we went from $20 deluxes at the end of Prime Wars to $30 to start WFC. The line basically came out in 2019. Ten bucks per price point was massive, but especially for deluxes. Okay. fine.

Now, just three years later, we're at $37 dollars, 47 dollars, 77 dollars. Deluxes have doubled in price.

I get that crates from China cost a lot more. I get that there is inflation. I get all of that. But I don't believe for a second that this is all justified. I think it's clear that Hasbro has seen toy sales dwindle and is also using the price increase to gouge the die-hards and keep the bottom line seemingly "increasing." Artificial growth.

Anyway, whatever the reason... I used to walk into the store and be like, shit, I'll impulse buy this guy, or that guy. Easy. And if prices were 25/35 for voyagers, even STILL just at 30/40, I might do some of that. But I saw Tigatron at Walmart last week and... 47 dollars.

Can't do it.

Blitzwing is a huge bummer. I could totally overlook the negatives of the toy for 60, but not 80.

I'm naive. The days of walking out of TRU or Walmart with all five CW Stunticons for 110 bucks + tax are gone. But to now ask me to pay 240 for a Menasor that isn't going to conceivably be any larger or significantly "better" is ludicrous.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.