View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 04:21 PM   #226
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: I just transformed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Transformed my ($21.42 from WM Boxing Week sale) wave 3 Legacy deluxes, at least the two that shipped, yesterday

Pointblank is fine, I heard people don't like him? Sucks that he doesn't have wrist swivel, and sure his shins are hollow af, but he looks really "noble" if i could say that? He's nice & tall for a deluxe too, and I think his arms were always gonna be a challenge, to recreate his "hanging down from the big shoulder pauldrons" look
I'm sure that Spoilsport will be done in the same fashion as this Peacemaker, and now having him in hand, I mean I guess it's not the worst fate he could have? idk, I guess Peacemaker's not terrible - the Siege battlemasters were just kind of "mangled bodies folded into guns", and I suppose going back to a more blocky G1-style, gets them looking slightly more like "bulky guns", idk - not my favourite path but it's tough to imagine a better option honestly

Skullgrin, got to say right off the bat I'm incredibly surprised that the tanks treads AREN'T partsforming - only his swords & tank barrel guns (and the mount that supports them) are removable, so this guy impressed me a little more than I expected
Wish his entire head/horns weren't rubber though
Also ofc, as anticipated I hate the rubber gunblades - 1st opportunity to sub em out with a sturdier 3rd party offering, I'll be jumping - for now, just leavin em mounted on his back while he dual wields his tank barrels, ha ha
They shoulda done Blood like this
I would not have bought Pointblank without the sale. He's definitely flawed. The Nonnef elbow replacement kind of makes the argument for... why did they even need to make that elbow/front end so obtrusive? If he had full range on the elbow, OR, the wrists could swivel so you could just flip the big plastic lump to the other side, it would solve one of the biggest issues. I'm def getting the Nonnef set. The actual arm/hood transformation is quite clever and he's a solid chunky dude.

I'm of two minds on Peacemaker (and ZigZag and Sunbeam and any future use). It's kind of hilarious that they literally are the same as G1 targetmasters. However, I dislike the Siege targetmasters. I really dislike them. They're fucking HUGE, they don't look good in gun mode, they look stupid in the hands of deluxes cos of the size. Spinister with his two "official" siege targetmasters looks bad. Pointblank is the right *size*. However, I wish he had articulated arms at the shoulder. I don't care about having leg articulation. But arms would go a long way.

I think T30 Scoop's were better than both, albeit they tended to fall apart easily. But their size was better. Obviously we don't get the LG targetmaster molds. RTS Cyclonus' targetmaster was the best IMO of any chug TM.

Last night I realized: he should have the little foot holes that Ttan Masters do so he can use the little pegs on lots of guys in the last gen! Ah well.

I agree on Skullgrin; his transformation is actually quite involved and fun. The legs are clever. The huge gaps on the side obviously aren't great. Swords don't REALLY cover them that well haha. biggest issue is probably... either put some little treads on front or don't have treads at all. lol.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.