Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 05:29 PM   #665
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
In no way am I defending NMC but there is some onus on the consumer to understand the terms of their credit card policy and the retailer policy.

Your credit card company does have specific time frame in how long you have protection for. At the same time you need to review the retailer policy especially on pre-orders.

If your credit card offers six month of protection and the pre order is 8 months out, then you might be out of luck if you challenge that. Again depends on who you deal with at the credit card company.

Also consider the terms of the pre-order, some will state refunds after x amount of months of delay from original expected date, but again if it's over the 6 month period your credit card company doesn't have to honor that.

I pre ordered some items where there is no refund policy unless the manufacturer cancels the product, knowing its going to be out further than 6 months there is a possibility I may never see the item or that money again.

As someone else mentioned their are alternatives on trying to get your money back through the credit card company.
I'm sure there must be legal limits to no-refund policies. A company doesn't just have carte blanche to create policies that are in contradiction to the law. The same way a landlord's "no pets" policy is frivolous. They can write it down if they like, but it's not legally binding.

Add that to the fact that NMC's business practices, and in particular Austin's behaviour, are completely beyond the pale, and they lose any good will from me. This is a dude who has repeatedly told people in responses to bad reviews that they emailed "sales@ instead of support@" and that's why they didn't receive any replies to their inquiries. A business not run by a narcissistic goblin would simply forward the email to the correct inbox. Even worse when you consider there are only two employees to begin with. Or when he tells people they should be following along on his website news page to know the status of various toy lines. What kind of business model is that? It's a web store, not a news site.

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 02-20-2022 at 02:30 AM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.