Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 01:14 PM   #662
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime1 View Post
Thank you. Hopefully it works out one way or another. There needs to be better consumer protection laws and regulations.
Each province has their laws and regulations in place. It really depends on where you are. I posted this way back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
As far as I can see, if your purchase is over $50, you are protected by the Consumer Protection Act in Ontario.

Late delivery
26 (1) A consumer may cancel a future performance agreement at any time before delivery under the agreement or the commencement of performance under the agreement if the supplier,

(a) does not make delivery within 30 days after the delivery date specified in the agreement or an amended delivery date agreed to by the consumer in writing; or

(b) does not begin performance of his, her or its obligations within 30 days after the commencement date specified in the agreement or an amended commencement date agreed to by the consumer in writing. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 26 (1).

So there may be other avenues to pursue if he insists on charging the cancellation fee. If you have time, I'm sure you could follow up with the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Protection to see what your rights are.
All I can suggest is you contact your CC and explain that the charge you paid was for a pre-order and that NMC has not fulfilled their agreement. If you have some kind of documents/communication to show he had provided an expected delivery date then you can use that plus your attempts to contact him as proof that he did not fulfill his end of the agreement. Maybe quote the above Act since he's based in Ontario.

Also look into your CC and their policy regarding preorders.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.