Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #28
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: The things Hasbro/Takara do that you hate!

One thing that has chapped my ass recently is the designers going like, 90% on figure design.
Example; CW Devastator being 5 out of the 6 are so slavishly G1, then Mixmaster is 100% a totally new design. Or how with the Siege Tetra Jets, how they got 90% of the "flying pyramid" altmode, but stopped before giving them their pointy tail fins, leaving us to rely on Toyhax to create them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Hasbro has to realize that if they ship a last wave to retailers for release in, like, October when previous waves are still piled up and trying to be cleared out and then have a new line debuting in late November/December for Christmas, stores are going to choose to sell the new stuff and not give a crap about the previous line's wave. It's doubly worse when the last wave is usually like 1-4 figures instead of a full compliment. I know part of it is on retailers, but that's more an issue of the fact that they won't understand the problem. Employees aren't necessarily or likely to be TF fans like us, so they just see "Another box of robot toys to sell" and not that we're going to be fretting waiting for them to open up the boxes of the last wave for the figures we haven't been able to get before.
Everything You're talking about falls under "not our problem" for Hasbro.
Last wave scarcity, again, is ENTIRELY on the head's of the various retailers for not ordering them in sufficient quantities. Outside of specific collector oriented retailers, the stores DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT COLLECTORS!!! These figures aren't just languishing in some dark back room, just waiting to be put out by apathetic employees, they're just plain not there! And clearly Hasbro must make enough money off these last waves to not want to do something about the whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hollowness is becoming a pretty big issue. Price increases should mean a better quality/ more sturdy figure (instead we get the opposite, gaps galore). More of a Hasbro issue than a Takara issue since the MP's are made fairly well for the most part (except that the new MP pricing is just ).
You can't compare MP's to regular retail figures. MP's have ALL THE MONEY thrown at them while the regular stuff all has to fit within a set budget for each figure. Plastic costs money! If you want figures that are totally solid and come with all the accessories and are covered in paint, be prepared to pay upwards of $40 for a deluxe.
And it's not a Hasbro vs Takara thing because Japan gets all the same retail figures we get.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.