Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #15
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Too many TF toy lines? Which do you collect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Studio series, mainline/generations/crossovers, cyberverse, master piece, 3rd party lines... the list of toy lines/makers covering Transformer in all their various scales and styles is pretty big.

Few questions below, just curious, answer as many or as few as you please. I like other collectors insights.
Which line(s) do you collect? and why that/those over the other lines?
No line, I go by the figure.

Huge collection or carefully curated selection?
I'd say large, but I've been collecting more than just TFs and for over 45 years. So it's both as after so many years, it does accumulate, and that even if I don't buy for the heck of buying but I do select those that appeal to me.

If you collect multiple lines does it ever get overwhelming?
Unless you're a completist, there's no reason to be overwhelmed

Have you ever stopped collecting a line as a result?
If a line proves to be cheap and have a bad design/engineering, if I bought a few and was disappointed, then yes I would have.

Do you feel the market is over-saturated with all these options?
Since so many jumped on the bandwagon of being part of the "geek" click because it became "chic" to be part of it, it has it's good and bad side.

Good that there is so much more options out there and it created a push for new 3rd parties to up the ante for quality, variation, and such.

Bad because at the same time, these aren't as much "for kids" as Hasbro and others know that the adult collector "geeks" have far more disposable income, and more prone to buying a lot more than the standard "mom and dad" for the kids' birthdays and such... and this has driven prices up greatly.

If anything, I'd add one more two-part question:

*Do you get frustrated and over what?
That would be yes, and that's for multiple reasons:

1) due to lack of distribution and low numbers that results in missing out on some figures (this includes the "exclusives"), and then they become overpriced as rarity and scalping drives the prices up...

2) quality, one figure from a line can be great, good plastic, good design, then another is cheap crappy plastic, bad design.. flaws, parts breaking easily, and so on.

3) increases of prices, some figures full of gaps, and lacking of accessories.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-25-2020 at 11:09 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.