Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
What are your thoughts on Titans Return so far?

So now that Titans Return has been out for a while I thought I would share my thoughts and also ask what your thoughts are on the line. Likes, dislikes, etc.

For me:

I like the overall return of the headmaster gimmick, I was always a fan of the original G1 subset. Love PMOP, can't believe how they managed to bring him to life using the Ultra Magnus mold. Also of note I like that they seem to be more willing to reuse just parts of a mold to make other characters, rather than just repainting a mold and saying "tada, here is character xxx". I also like the multilevel use of the headmasters across size class.

So far individual toys I like the most are Fortress Maximus, PMOP Galvatron and Hardhead.

Dislikes:

I find the headmasters too small. I get that to use them across size class they had to go smaller, but it still bothers me. Also I am not a fan of the Titan Masters class.

I get the need/desire to have multiple levels of "play", but I think the third mode of a lot of figures takes away from the figure itself. I think they could improve a lot of the larger toys if they didn't need to shoehorn in a third mode. Also I find the build quality lacking for the smaller figures.

As for individual figures, I find Skullsmasher the worst of the lot. Floppy legs and he is a partsformer REALLY? Not sure what Hasbro was thinking with Blurry, but that colour is awful. Also, while I love most of the Galvatron mold I think the mask/helmet thing doesn't quite work.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.