Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #108
chuchupika
Generation 1
Re: Transformer Prime Robots in Disguise Released at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratzo99 View Post
It's the only option at the moment, we don't have a TRU (yet), and walmart doesn't have any Prime stock.
I don't even know if I want to invest in this line, since I can't settle for anything less than the First Editions, since the replacements for them look so disappointing (in comparison). And I can't get those locally. *sigh*.
For a moment there I thought you were an American. They kept whining about how they didn't get most FE figures.

There isn't a TRU in PEI? You must be kidding right? I wouldn't buy from Zellers, because TRU was doing a sale earlier, and they came to 11.xx a piece. I think you could have just order them online, and then it would be cheaper than buying from Zellers.

Even we get them in Canada, some people can't find them. When they said limited edition, I was thinking Hasbro is pulling this out of the behind. Then I realized, they really meant it's limited.

Then proceeded to get them all, only thing missing is a Takara Vehicon (scrapers are trying to sell them at a premium). I walked by a shelf full of voyagers FE, I dug in there and found 3 FE bulkheads. I didn't even take one. One of the guys here did the same thing as I did in another store. Though we already had one for ourselves from other stores. I saw a lot of Prime voyagers, but didn't take any extras either. Then scalpers heard the news of the US not getting any, the next day, those were all gone too. True story.

I think you can still get them from Asia, if you have the connections. Too much hassle for me to ask friends in Asia to do that for me, they aren't collectors.

I think the RiD some of them are worth collecting. Even if they aren't as nice as FEs. Also the characters that didn't get release in FE, but instead Rid are really nice looking (Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Soundwave).
chuchupika is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.