Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #8
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Greenlight and Dazzlestrike

Like everyone said, it's the perfect storm: it's part of a combiner set so it has built-in completionist leanings, is an obscure character of some note that has a G1 origin, and a character that has only this one representation in toy form, was only available through a single retailer with restricted purchase requirements (being a limited time Prime Day thing) that was produced in low quantities and never got significant secondary restocks or down-the-line broader distribution.

Everything about it perfectly aligns to make it highly sought after by the most obsessive/driven corners of the collector fandom who would be willing to pay more than just some person trawling for interesting TFs for their collection, while also making it rarer than a standard release wave off-the-shelf figure to drive the baseline value/price up.

Almost makes me wish I had kept mine in the box, but at the same time I value actually having the fun rare thing without having had to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.