Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Are Hasbro's Sales Expectations of Kre-O Being Met?

I'm actually kind of curious on this, is Hasbro's Experimental push into the world of Buildable Block Sets succeeding as they had envisioned?

I'm constantly seeing Kre-O sets everywhere, and today I'm finally going to buy one of the sets I can afford so I can see just what the look and feel of these things are like in person.

But I'm curious, has Kre-O done better buisness than the old Built-To-Rule merchandise? Are Kids clamoring for Kre-O as much as they are LEGO? (And some Mega Blocks, though I don't see why, I purchased Mega Blocks sets at the beginning of this new Millennium, they didn't do much for me and after a while I wound up donating them to Value Village because they just weren't as impressive as I'd thought they'd be.)

Kre-O must be doing something right, right?

Fun Fact about Kre-O:

In the Alphabet, K comes before L, So, was Hasbro trying to subtly imply that their products were better than LEGO by picking a name that starts with the Letter K and ends in O?

As Mikey said in TMNT II Secret of the Ooze, All the Good Ones End in O.

ABCDEFGHIJ
Kre-O
LEGO
Mega Blocks
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Yep, Mega Blocks are definitely bottom rung products. But will Kre-O deserve such a lofty spot above LEGO products? Will Kre-O begin introducing GIJoe and My Little Pony brand building sets to open up the market and marketability of these figures?

Or have the sales so far of the Transformers brand Kre-O prooved once again that Hasbro should stick to action figures and avoid making forays into the building block sets area of the toy market?

I don't have the answers, TF Wiki doesn't say anything about it so far, what do the fans think on the subject?

And who should be my first purchased Kre-O figure? Jazz or Mirage?

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.