Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Remolds....Better or Worse ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
Why doesn't Hasbro/Takara just make a smaller scale version of ROTF Leader class Prime and add gimmicks and paint apps, or make slight changes like his new abs, and just go from there ?
HFTD Voyager Prime was basically this. The transformation is near identical as it can be made for a figure reduced in size that much, plus you have the added gimmickery of the matrix and the guns. The trade off is the structure of the toy becomes so weak that parts fall off if you so much as look at him the wrong way, like the hood panels on his arms and his truck cab that swings down to form the chest.

As for why Hasbro hasn't changed up the abs section and just re-released him again, I believe - and this is just my speculation - that they got so much flak from parents over how bloody impossible some of their figures were from the ROTF lines that they essentially had to "dumb down" their toys to appease parents and keep the base of their customers happy. Watching a six year old trying to transform ROTF Leader Prime or HFTD Voyager Prime is like watching a squirell attempt brain surgery. I think that's why some of the figures in the DOTM line seem to be simpler in nature, why the instruction sheets now use photography instead of line art and why we're getting absolutely flooded with Primes and Bees ensuring that there is a main character toy for even the most inept at transforming.

Still, I'm there with you in hopes that we could get a more perfected version of Prime. You'd think after this many attempts HasTak's designers would have the blueprints for a perfect Prime.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.