Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
Remolds....Better or Worse ???

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about remolds lately, for example and particularly, movie verse Optimus Prime. No doubt, everyone can agree that Leader class ROTF/Buster Prime has been the best version for the main man as far as accuracy is concerned, but what about the smaller class figures ? Every year, the manufacturers remold the characters, sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worse. We've had Voyager battle blades HFTD Optimus Prime, not bad, but not nearly as good as ROTF Leader Prime. Now with DOTM in full swing, we have DOTM Cyberverse Commander Prime, DOTM Deluxe class Prime, DOTM Voyager class Prime, DOTM Ultimate class Prime, and DOTM Jetwing Prime being the most accurate version in the DOTM series. My question is this : Why doesn't Hasbro/Takara just make a smaller scale version of ROTF Leader class Prime and add gimmicks and paint apps, or make slight changes like his new abs, and just go from there ? Is it due to the complex transformation process ? Or is it because they don't think the fans would be interested in a near identical, smaller scale version of their most popular characters ? Personally, I would much rather have accurate versions of each class figure. For me, none of the newest DOTM Prime figures look anything like Optimus Prime in the movies, except for the recent pics of Jetwing Prime, however, that figure still doesn't have the paint accuracy of Buster Prime. I just find it odd how many figures keep getting better, while Optimus Prime, one of their best selling figures, seems to be getting worse.

Last edited by CETERUS PRIME; 05-17-2011 at 05:59 PM.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.