Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty
Re: My daughter NEEDS a Cell Phone !

Is Telus your only option? I find many friends leaving them these days.
There are student deals out there as well. Especially those made for High school students and college kids.
You know all she's going to do on it is be on Facebook and send text msgs anyway... She's 14!
You can get a phone pretty cheap these days its just that the company you sign up with will contract you for 2-3 yrs.

Alternatively, you can buy a phone with no contract commitment (usually on ebay new or used) get a plan and then you'd be able to get rid of the plan if you find something better later on - or the plan your on just isn't working. You at least have a way out this way.

I recommend to find the phone first (most will work on all networks) then look at the plan that suits her teenager life (ie unlimited messaging and social networking)
The flavour of the year for cell phones are the Blackberries and the iPhone. But unless you do a contract they won't come cheap.
I got my Nokia E71 for $230 from a guy in Quebec unlocked on Ebay and because I didn't buy it thru Rogers I didn't have to sign up for their mandatory smartphone minimum $20/mth data plan. Paid for the phone right there.
Thing has Wi-fi capabilites anyway so any hotspot hooks me up to the net!

How much do you want to spend on the phone and then on the monthly?

Regarding protecting the call usage, Prepaid would give you the least headaches. but you'll get the worst rates.
But see about adding the unlimited messaging and social networking (Facebook, MSN)
You might still end up having the same prices ...maybe.

Last edited by Jeepmanhastj; 11-30-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.