Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
My daughter NEEDS a Cell Phone !

So, my 14 year old daughter wants, no wait, NEEDS a cell phone for Christmas. Here's my dilema : she lives about 5 hours away with her Mom. Long story short, I got burned before for letting someone ^^^ use my cell while I was at work. I haven't had one since, yeah, it was bad ! So, I spoke with a Telus rep today and asked her what my options were. Obviously, she gave me the run around, just trying to sell me something, but I finally got her to admit that if I were to purchase a plan for my daughter, there was no way I could limit her usage to the plan, and could therefore get charged extra if someone were to abuse the phone's usage plan. The plan I was looking at is called the Voice 25, includes 200 local anytime mins, unlimited nationwide family calling, unlimited local night and weekend calling (9pm), and one added feature by choice, which would probably be unlimited fav 5 etc. Now I know there must be some folks on here who rely on these things like a last breath of air, so who knows what I can get for her that isn't going to cause me to snap if this phone gets into the wrong hands and gets abused once again ? Is there any way I can get her a decent smartphone with the most common features without the possibility of someone ringing up a bill that will put me in jail I'm probably crazy for even considering this

Any help or advice appreciated, cell phone advice that is
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.