Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 01:45 AM   #24
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: holy crap transformers are expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
You really want that Motormaster, or Soundwave or Jetfire or Skylynx because your worried about missing out - get it. I'm not saying never go the extra mile. I don't think anyone would look at the Motoraster and think to themselves "well, that's a peg warmer for sure" prior to its release.

But do you also have to have, on day one, the Impactor, the Arcee, the Terrorsaur, the Jazz, the Smokescreen, the Draculus, the X-Men jet, the Jurrasic Park crossover........if you absolutely, positively have to have every one of the seemingly hundred plus releases Hasbro is making each year on day one I think you might be getting a little to caught up in the hysteria that is generated by parts of this hobby.

Mileage will vary for different people with how close they live to stores and number of stores in their area. But in addition to those big box stores there are dozens of smaller indy shops that can help. Conventions are back post covid, B/S/T forums like here and TFW.

A lot of options out there. Is there risk, sure. But if your upset enough to complain about the prices - most of us are including myself - but you aren't willing to try and adjust your habits........That's a square peg and a round hole.
I largely agree. The days of "gotta catch 'em all" are long over for me. It was a different story when deluxes were 19.99, and you could count on bi-monthly 25-40% sales at TRU. Seriously, I never bought toys full price. If I did, I just waited until a good sale and brought the receipt in for the LPG. Or I went to WalMart (or Zellers, or Target, or Superstore) for the price match. Combiner Wars --- I got every single toy for at minimum 20% off, many for more.

Those days are long gone. Wal-Mart no longer price matches. Toys R Us is charging wildly over MSRP for reasons. Target failed, Zellers is apparently coming back but I wouldn't count on it for toys, and Superstore's toy section is far from up to date.

hasbro wants their record profits and they're gonna gouge the die-hard collector to get them.

I remember in like 2009... TRU had a 40% off sale on Transformers Animated. I think I drove around to every single TRU in the lower mainland. What I couldn't find at TRU, I got at the competitors with price match. I went from 0 to an almost complete collection in two days for insane prices. Blurr at Superstore for 12 bucks or whatever. Long gone. Those days are long gone.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.