Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 01:34 AM   #23
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: holy crap transformers are expensive!

You really want that Motormaster, or Soundwave or Jetfire or Skylynx because your worried about missing out - get it. I'm not saying never go the extra mile. I don't think anyone would look at the Motoraster and think to themselves "well, that's a peg warmer for sure" prior to its release.

But do you also have to have, on day one, the Impactor, the Arcee, the Terrorsaur, the Jazz, the Smokescreen, the Draculus, the X-Men jet, the Jurrasic Park crossover........if you absolutely, positively have to have every one of the seemingly hundred plus releases Hasbro is making each year on day one I think you might be getting a little to caught up in the hysteria that is generated by parts of this hobby.

Mileage will vary for different people with how close they live to stores and number of stores in their area. But in addition to those big box stores there are dozens of smaller indy shops that can help. Conventions are back post covid, B/S/T forums like here and TFW.

A lot of options out there. Is there risk, sure. But if your upset enough to complain about the prices - most of us are including myself - but you aren't willing to try and adjust your habits........That's a square peg and a round hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Respectfully disagree. There are few real sales. Figures that are in demand are often very hard to find if you haven't preordered. Folks are now scrambling to find a motormaster.

If you want it, pre-order is virtually a must or you pay MORE buying it later, not less.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.