Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 03:00 PM   #11
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Not too excited to be honest. Transformers toys keep going downhill, and price keeps going up, to the point that I almost give up on this hobby now.

Look at the new movie's shitty toys, Hasbro won't even bother change Ironhide's face on the package, just gave him a new name.

There's a rumour going around that the Predacons are Autobots from the future gone bad, or messed up by Unicron or whatever. That would be a neat twist. The comparison of Scourge's face to Optimus, and now this Ironhide dressed up as Battletrap. They're both pickup trucks... It could be a thing. I also saw some other toy with RotF Megatron art, so who knows.

All that said, I have learned, after like 5 or 6 of these things, that if you get your hopes up to high, it's going to disappoint. So, I'm not expecting it to be a great movie. Bumblebee was a surprise good movie, because the main human character didn't suck, and they actually made you feel emotions about the main transformer, Bumblebee. This movie, it feels like they are going back to the old formula, of having it be mostly about the human characters, while the Transformers say and do things just to move the plot along. I hope I'm wrong on that point. After seeing the most annoying characters in RotF literally be tasered to make them stop talking, it can't get much worse.
The Last Knight ruined the franchise for me. That girl (whose name I don't even care to google) who had Squeeks as a buddy, when she shows up in the final battle and Mark Wahlberg asks her why she's there, and her only answer is, she doesn't know... That was just the worst. That, and the laminated card with the dating laws for minors in AOE... Just no.

So far, I'm unimpressed with the toys from this movie. None of the beast figures are an upgrade over the Kingdom type figures, some are even using the same engineering. I get they want to make them techy and cool looking, but in doing so, they just look too generic and underwhelming. Rhinox looks like nothing, he needs some green to make him stand out from the background.

Oh, and let's not forget the further unwanted changes to main G1 characters. Wheeljack, what were they thinking? And Mirage, my favourite character, I just don't know who this new guy is. He has no resemblance at all. I have, and love, Alternators Mirage, as a Ford GT that's a cool departure from his Formula1 style, because at least it's still a race-car sort of thing. This new Porsche guy is a Jazz-Hound-Mirage mashup to me.

Another prediction is, Arcee and Airrazor are going to have a bunch of lines so the studio can appeal to girls, and the other characters are going to have not much to do. It'll be just like watching Siege/Earthrise where Elita-1 was so important, and every other Autobot just stood around doing nothing.

I just hope the movie doesn't suck as bad as it could very easily suck. I'll go watch it in theatres if I can find a babysitter.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.