Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
Re: GSP Vs Koscheck 2 ***SPOILER***

I don't think Shields deserves a shot at the title myself, not yet anyway. He just started in the UFC, and even though he has a good record in other organizations, he only fought one UFC competitor and barely won. I think he should have to work his way up and fight some of GSP's former challengers first to see if he's able to take them out before stepping up to the Champ. And regardless of Shields' groundwork and submission specialty, others have tried the same with GSP, Penn and Koscheck as excellent, proven UFC examples, and Georges beat the living sh*t out of them both, so I'm confident that Shields won't be anythinig other than a stepping stone for GSP. I also agree that Georges should stay in the Welterwight division and work on securing a record for most wins as champ. He'd do well against middleweights for sure, but I'd want to put my name in the record books as the best of the best before moving on to a bigger, more challenging class. The last thing he should want to do now is lose in a heavier weight class while being the champ in another, because no matter if he's the best in one class, he'll then be known as the guy who couldn't step up. It's definitely gonna be interesting to see what this "new chapter in his career" is going to look like for sure !

Last edited by CETERUS PRIME; 12-13-2010 at 12:00 PM.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.