Re: Universe Kup - WIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Maverick View Post
This looks very promising,
The head looks great!
Thanks, bro--glad you like the head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Head is fantastic. You did a really good job making him look "older." Can't wait to see what the alt mode looks like!
Thanks, man--when I first slapped it al together, I looked at it and snapped that first shot. That's when I noticed just how young it looked.....definitely not the Kup we know and love. So I performed some minor surgery to his face with my hobby knife. I think it turned out well and gives him that beat up/old look. Still working on this and the others, so hopefully I'll have more progress to show soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
Wow!

Looking good so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

Cheers!
-Ian
Thanks, Ian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
looking sweet!!(and welcome to "the other side")i want to try this too but it was the fear of diecast that was stopping me.however,after seeing your wip,it's definately doable!!you've inspired me man!!!!
Thanks, bro! "The other side", I like it. lol--As for working with diecast, I almost held off, but once I got rolling with this, I realized that it could be done and done well. I still need to hit the top area where the head is and dremel some of that diecast out. It will be a slow process, but I think this gonna turn out quite nicely (I hope!). Thanks again, glad I could help inspire you a bit! (your work inspires me also--especially your Botcon piece). Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
inCROYable!
Awesome engineering job on Kup's head! Hollowing out the helmet is brilliant, and the age lines look amaze.

Great job!
Thanks, man! I wasn't sure how it would turn out at first, but I had a couple of extra Kup heads to try it on, so I went for it. Nearly took off a finger or two in the process also--it's hard to hold that small thing still to try and hollow it out with a dremel running on speed 3 or 4 out of 10. Got lucky and missed the fingers though! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
awesome
Thanks, Bryce! Glad you dig it, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Wow, thats cool how your making the head.
Thanks, venksta! Glad you like the head also. (love the 3-D Transformers work you do!)

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.