Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 11:18 PM   #17
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Thoughts on new Retro G1 releases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Personally I really like the attempt at cartoon colours to differentiate them from previous releases. However the boxes and price don't do anything for me. I mean the art is nice, but the plastic/windowless boxes are terrible for me. I have kept all my reissue purchases over the years either MISB, or MIB (opened and displayed, but then back in the box to display). So this new format takes away that aspect for me.

THen add in the price.......I mean nearly $50????!!! C'mon man that is way too much, especially considering how often reissues go on sale/clearance.
Believe it or not, that's around the same price seekers were in 1984, when you add in inflation. They were just shy of the $20 mark back in the day, which is around $50, so the same price they are selling in stores today. And plus, back then there were little to no paint applications, compared to these new reissues having paint apps replace all stickers, and we have extra accessories that we didn't have in G1, like the Megatron gun accessort. So in terms of what we are getting, we are getting more for the same amount when compared to 1984.

I personally believe these are all great releases. I really love the colours on Hot Rod and I think having the painted detail rather than stickers, makes them very special. Having painted eyes on the seekers is a game changer.

What I really want though is more molds that were never rereleased, like G1 Hound. Was really glad to pick that up.

If you want to wait for a sale, I totally get it and I am doing that for some, but I still recomend getting them eventually at whatever price you are comfortable.

I 100% agree that the packaging sucks, but for me it just makes it easy to throw it away and not look back. Don't have space for boxes anyways.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 04-30-2023 at 11:22 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.