Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 AM   #11
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
I think a bigger problem is the folks who only want the figure at 50% off and then cry scalper wolf when someone offers them what they want at retail or a few bucks more.

I appreciate that you saw Metroplex on Sale for $50 at Costco 5 years ago on a Monday for 30 minutes before they sold out - but offering me $40 and then calling me a scam artist when I say no is laffy-bull

***generic you - not anyone in this thread to my knowledge
I agree with your points, but the thing here is, jumping from one line to a new one, and increasing the price by 50% (going from 20$ to 30$) IS harsh...

I just bought the two Siege leaders, which was 160$ (70$ each +tax) when a leader just a few years ago (maybe 5, give or take) was barely 40$, AND was much larger, no empty arms and legs syndrome either, and very solid plastic.

Anyone, including the company saying that the extra 50% increase in price is due to more material, better quality, etc. is basically admitting that previous lines were much cheaper. To me, that's not right... and as there's been many threads about weak points, breakage, etc. for the previous lines (and some for Siege already), it's very disappointing.

And when I look at something I did miss like Metroplex which sold for 125$ US in 2013 (I believe), and see that he's going for around 500$ (new in box) and used (and complete is not a sure thing) for about 300-400$, yeah, people will complain.

Where things once were that these were toys that would end up in garage sales for a few dollars, now, it's almost a race to find the rare chance to not end up being gouged by overpriced toys.

Heck, I'm been trying to find a Legacy Megazord to put with the Dragonzord I got on special, as I didn't know that they had changed them and my original Megazord isn't compatible... and the prices on them has been insane and completely out of my budget.

So to say that a fun hobby and passion as turned into a very expensive and very time consuming "job", well, it's losing it's fun and passion side quite a lot, and when you see other threads about people considering ending their collections and selling it off (fully or in part), I just think it's sad, and even worse, I'm starting to consider doing as such.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.