Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 12:03 AM   #11086
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Man, I just opened Legacy Armada Starscream, and I can say as someone who owns the Thrilling 30 deluxe, it is not worth it. Sure, the articulation is maybe a little better, but the plastic just feels so cheap.

I usually feel like it's hyperbole when people complain about dollar-store quality but this really does feel like that or a model kit or something, not a figure meant to be transformed repeatedly, and especially for children. Feels brittle and flimsy, like it would shatter if it fell off the shelf. Hasbro's usual soft plastic in crucial spots seems entirely absent here.

Ironically there's nothing wrong with it out of the package other than being a little loose in some of the joints which are all pins, but it doesn't have the usual QC flaws or instantly broken bits...YET.

Anyways, I don't normally complain about figures, but I figure if someone's on the fence about it, I'd steer clear unless you're a completionist or don't have any other representation of the character in your collection. Or maybe if it's deeply-discounted.

Looks cool, pretty good details and some decent updates to the design, but yikes. Even the cheapest of the old scout and legends class figures feel better than this.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.