Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #23
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Actually, Unicron shows the limits to the prices that the fans are willing to accept. The original crowd-funding campaign failed, remember.
I remember them extending it...

And that it did eventually succeed had repercussion, as you stated, it PROVED to Hasbro that fans will pay whatever price they go with.

Those that bought it never understood that letting it fail would have pushed Hasbro to reduce the price, but the fear of missing out probably fueled most. The saddest thing is some have actually stated that they planned to buy as many as possible, so to resell at double the price... a fandom that aims to exploits each other, that's what's happening... it's sad. We are not an unified fandom (I know, most aren't) but it would be nice... (but just look at my thread about Hot Rod and Scourge, I dared state facts about the engineering of the figures and that while great, they did have some flaws, and a few that always have to believe themselves "better" (or whatever they think they are) and believe Hasbro can't do wrong, just went and were condescending as always, and degenerated the thread, killing it.)

I've said it many times: I miss the days that collecting wasn't a mainstream geek-chic thing as since this, yes we have more figures, more 3rd parties stuff than we've ever had, but the prices have done nothing be go fairly insane on everything.

And that's how Hasbro was able to jump from 15$ to 30$ for deluxes (and the same ratio for the other classes) almost overnight.... simply because they knew we'd buy, they can lower production, quality, and distribution, anything to maximize profits, and let the fandom fight it out.

And that's probably why the rumor of the end of the Titans class... why make a large figure when for the same cargo space, they can have a dozen smaller figures that ends up making them more money.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-08-2021 at 11:01 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.