Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #7
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Keeping only original toys or keeping CHUG/WFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
For me, the newer releases have motivated me to go back and expand my G1 collection
Was gonna post yesterday, but this is honestly where I fall in
Been getting old combiners since CW fired me up, watching Headmasters cause of TR - new line figs are prompting me to re-assess wanting some of the old G1s

I imagine probably won't bother going "full G1" collection - don't give a flying f*ck about, say, Roadbuster - but I've been replacing some of my old G1s that are too busted up from childhood (Snaptrap etc)

I've got all six of the old Monster Pretenders; some a bit sun bleached, and the GPS on Slog has him missing a slice from one of his ribs
Also those weird arm connector ports that are literally just sheaths, with no "give" to them (like the standard G1 combiner connector ports have) have it so that both the arm guys are "stuck" on Slog, and I don't dare attempt to remove them (Bristleback is completely intact, if loose in the rear legs)
Man I would kill for some new versions of these guys, they got sentimental value for me, even though when I was a kid I remember thinking they were dinky lil sh*ts "what, THESE are supposed to be transformers" etc

Should really get a Dinoking (HA)
Though I'd settle for the KO (HA)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.