Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #37
Janitor
Classic
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

Finally finished watching it last night, out of obligation, and woo boy...

Start with some positives:
-I appreciate that having this show with these characters gives an excuse to release a very G1 heavy lineup of toys. Thus appeasing geewunners (such as myself)
-voice acting: I personally found Elita-1 & Starscream to be “acceptable”. The end.
-interesting take on the Quintesson
-good to see Doubledealer in a show finally
-umm...
-uh...seeing Dinobot at the very end was really cool?

Negatives:
-yes voice acting/directing, as others have mentioned. VAs plucked from The William Shatner School of Constipated Acting (TM). Almost nothing memorable about the entire cast.
If you recall from Mirage’s line from MTMTE part 3: “The ship was...full” can you hear his voice in your head? Now tell me what WFC Mirage’s voice sounds like? Thought so. Absolutely ZERO personality with anyone here.
-being slavish to G1 also means not only are you tossing in specific characters/toys into the story, writers were also required keep their personalities too. Then when a character deviates from their G1 counterpart (ie Sky Lynx) we get complaints despite the fact this show should stand on its own.
-direction in general was horrid. From action scenes, to overall story pacing, all around bad.

Makes me appreciate TF: Prime even more so, now. Truly the last “great” TF show...or mainstream media in general (could’ve used a bit less Beast Hunting, but I digress).
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.