Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 06:01 PM   #75
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: holy crap transformers are expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Transformers have gotten so expensive that I've turned to the toy i thought was overpriced, Lego. I have more fun with a speed champions set than a G1-styled deluxe.

I only have 5 transformers on my list for this year.
2022 was 16.
2021 was 28.

Haha, I got into Speed Champions lately too, the most innovative line from Lego at a nice price point (which sometimes includes double licences). I went on a "hunt" today to look for the new March Speed Champions sets and the new G1 Transformers reissues. Found all 3 Speed champion sets but none of the G1 reissues and I'm all smiles. The new 3 in 1 creator sets for March are pretty cool too.

By the way, that new Porsche is really nice. I know sticker complainants are legit, but I like being able to position them as I wish and they keep the cost down while giving some great details. I want to build the other 2 asap but then I'll have nothing as amazing to build in a long while. Definition of first world problems.

And @Robimus, it's all good. I just wanted to give you more pics in case it helped, I don't have much of a say in the matter of scale and whatnot. I like your question on percieved value. By being the opposite of a layman, my value for Tarn is ridiculously skewed since I've always wanted a Tarn but could not afford the 3rd party toys. So this officially licensed Tarn in a retail line is like mana from on high.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.