Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: All with Animated, what's your take?

I have to say that so far, this is my favorite series since Alternators.

Deluxe Bumblebee:

BB is kick ass. The transformation is amazing. I am in awe how they got that big of a bot into that small of a car. The only gripe is with the stingers not folding all the way back into the arms like they look like they should. Nothing a little shave can't fix.

Deluxe Prowl:

Prowl is wow! This has been the only retail purchase so far, as I have not seen any of the others yet. First the negatives: For me he suffers from "I can't stand up unless I am in a certain pose"-itis. The traffic light extra seems out of place... why is it there? The ninja stars are hard as hell for me to unclip. Even with these negatives, I would probably put Prowl at or near the top of my list of favs so far. Again, a marvel of toy engineering. The way they crammed a show accurate bot like that into a motorcycle is... well... wow!

Voyager Starscream:

A very good figure here as well. Decent bot, decent alt mode. Mine requires a fair bit of pressure to get the transformation right, but hopefully that is a one off and not a major issue with the toy. The colours are my only gripe with this toy. It looks like Thundercracker fro god's sake! Is it so hard to give Starscream... I don't know... Starscream colours? Other than that... this Thundercracker is a proud part of the Animated collection.

Voyager Bulkhead:

Like everything else, great in both modes. I really like the transformation on this guy as well. The scale of the alt mode is not too bad with the others in the series, but the bot seems well... tiny. I get the whole concept of him being a bulky (heh) figure, but in this scale, the others seem to be too large in comparison. I'm glad there is a leader version coming out down the road. Don't get me wrong though, this is still a great toy. So, good infact, that my son has kidnapped him and proudly displays him on his bookshelf. He also like to try and bash the others with him... I think I need to get an extra Bulkhead.

Voyager Optimus Prime:

To quote from my Prowl comments... WOW! Bot and truck are really good. I'm glad this one has a faceplate. To me Prime is not Prime without it... but that is just my opinion. The automorph gimmick is fun enough, with the twisting legs during its transformation. Only negatives here are that the axe looks odd, and actually takes away from both modes. The water-gun/blaster works on the truck mode, but seems like an add-on accessory to the bot. However, when Op is all un-accessorized... in-croy-able!

That is it so far. Overall, the toy designs deserve major kudos for this line. They have really brought back the robots in disguise gimmick with a vengance. Great alt modes, excellent show accuracy. Animated is shaping up very well so far. Could this be the next golden age?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.