Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars May Be A Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
Not that it is or isn't a scam, but what is it coded in? I was reading recently a very similar post about another major app release where they had to put all those permissions in due to the framework requesting them regardless of their intent.
They're coded in Java, more specifically an Android specific subset of Java which inherits most core Java classes. I would doubt the framework would require the permissions because all permission requests are listed in the Android Manifest file outside of any framework files and all it takes is to just delete the one line requesting that specific access in order to remove it. It's not embedded deep into the code or anything. I develop Android applications, it's fairly well set up like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
If you are referring to "device ID and call info", that is so the game can pause when phone call comes in. The "photos/media/files" permission is for game data files on sd card I believe. None of those Android access permissions is for your address book info.
I'm referring to how it explicitly asks for the device's phone number and the phone number of the call it is connected to. Those aren't required to pause the game when a call is received. It's poor programming to not limit the access restriction to only what the program needs.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.