Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
CyberMnky
Animated
Re: My daughter NEEDS a Cell Phone !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
I think it would be best to get her a pay as you go type of phone/plan. If you are footing the bill, you can give her X amount of money for minutes per month, and then when she runs out... oops, she has to wait until you give her the next bundle of money/minutes. When your minutes run out on a pre-paid phone like that, their phone becomes a brick until more money is added to the account. Great idea for getting her to manage her time and to become more responsible.

Of course, going this route is pretty much guarenteeing you a lot of "Daddy! I need more minutes!" nagging over and over

Just don't get the girl a smart phone. That can be a present to her when she is making enough money to be dropping $60+ per month on a plan.

I pretty much agree with Mumps here. However, if she wants to use more minutes then let her do extra chores or work or something for the money.

To everyone who has suggested that the girl pay for her own minutes or get a job - the girl is 14, most places won't hire anyone under 15. At least not here anyways, so that may not be an option regardless.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.