Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #2765
Napseeker
Generation 2
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

I think the reason for investing in books is to expand their offerings to the parents. I noticed at my store, the new book section is on the Babies R Us half of the store, where the parents are already hanging out to do their baby shopping.

TRU is now heavily pushing their store as the place for parents to take their kids on the weekends for fun activities, interacting with the store mascot, and now a sit down area with tons of books for the kids to read (and if they like the book, you can bet the kids will push their parent to just buy it on the spot). It looks like the kid's section of my local library...

It DOES make business sense - pre-pandemic, I did see parents bring their children to the library for free activities, and I think TRU is trying to steal away those library patrons, to get them to spend more time in their stores instead, where they will undoubtedly buy something while they are there, including snacks.

We adult toy collectors are probably a marginal part of their new business plan.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.