View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
I had the pleasure of a private zoom call with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker the other week. We talked about Netflix's poor casting choices and the pure disappointment these gentlemen felt by not even being invited to voice the characters. It would have been such a different show with proper voice actors. Jake Foushee is just an Optimus impersonator (and a bad one) at best. When you reflect on Peter Cullen's inspiration for Optimus' character, it's evident that Foushee didn't understand the role or character at all.

With respect to the story, I like the direction it took, but I am disappointed that there were no earth-mode forms in the show. I guess the bulk of the Earthrise toy line are an homage to G1 and not actually used in the show. As someone else mentioned, this really felt like episodes 7-12 of Seige.

6 episodes is not enough. They really should have been 3 seasons of at least 12 episodes (or more) each. "Prime" was a good show formula and they should have really stuck to it. There was not enough time spent on character development. If Hasbro wants to use this as a giant toy commercial, then offer characters with depth and story arcs that we can buy into (figuratively and literally).
Yep. They cheaped out and went non-union with obviously mediocre acting. Don't discount the direction though.

In still screen shots it looks good. In motion it's clunky ass shit with poor direction and such sad action. It is video game cut scene quality of like... 18 years ago.

Beast wars looks dated but the show has style, it has excellent direction, the characters have actual personality and body language. It rocks even if some of limitations.

But either way were talking about a tv show from 96 when cgi was still rare that more or less holds up better than this thing from 2020.

Also to the point of... Streaming services including Netflix have been pouring money into shows. Netflix and Hasbro cheaping out so unbelievably on this is unacceptable in the current media climate.

If this is a show geared more to adult fans, it's a failure to that market. If it's geared to kids, it's a failure.

Dude. The Barbie movies and tv show are stunning, well written, well acted. I've watched enough of them with the kids. There are SO MANY good or high quality cg kids shows out there. That this is such a poorly executed product is laughable.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.