Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 03:09 PM   #13
BeeTrain
Beasty
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

I had the pleasure of a private zoom call with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker the other week. We talked about Netflix's poor casting choices and the pure disappointment these gentlemen felt by not even being invited to voice the characters. It would have been such a different show with proper voice actors. Jake Foushee is just an Optimus impersonator (and a bad one) at best. When you reflect on Peter Cullen's inspiration for Optimus' character, it's evident that Foushee didn't understand the role or character at all.

With respect to the story, I like the direction it took, but I am disappointed that there were no earth-mode forms in the show. I guess the bulk of the Earthrise toy line are an homage to G1 and not actually used in the show. As someone else mentioned, this really felt like episodes 7-12 of Seige.

6 episodes is not enough. They really should have been 3 seasons of at least 12 episodes (or more) each. "Prime" was a good show formula and they should have really stuck to it. There was not enough time spent on character development. If Hasbro wants to use this as a giant toy commercial, then offer characters with depth and story arcs that we can buy into (figuratively and literally).

Last edited by BeeTrain; 12-31-2020 at 03:12 PM.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.