Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 03:20 PM   #1351
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Damn, this means I'm gonna have to check (listings that I previously dismissed as 3rd party)

Yeah, it's stupid that it happens. The only reason I can think of that it does is that perhaps it defaults to 3rd party sellers when there's a delay on the Amazon ones? When I bought Inferno yesterday there was no shipping date given (I subsequently got an e-mail a couple hours after the order to say that it should ship/arrive next week) but the 3rd party ones were available immediately.

Also I was a little wrong about the link. It's under the Add to Cart/Buy it Now buttons and some of the other options like gifting. It's between the Add to Wish List option and the buttons to share the page on social media channels. and reads something like

"New (X) from $Y + $Z (or free) Shipping"

Like right now Inferno says "new (6) from $39.99 + Free Shipping" because the amazon-sold one is cheapest. Click it and a slide-out menu appears and lists all the other options, I believe default sorted by lowest price. The next lowest one right now is $59.99 + free shipping from "ToySM" (Toy Snowman Amazon seller account?)

Usually you can tell right away if there's a better Amazon one that's not the primary page listing because it will often be the price that appears as cheapest on that link and will have shipping options listed that match Amazon's own setup (free if it's Voyager+, free with Prime, Free on orders $35+, etc)

I know that in like October/November I had to use pull-out to make an Amazon-direct purchase on the Quintesson Judge and Allicon when they were defaulting to 3rd parties. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

This will likely be the last time I'm going to talk about this here though because I don't want to pull away from talking about Walmart more than I already have.

Just to stay a bit on topic, as of right this moment the Walmart App is only showing Hardhead still available at the proper price. The $32.97 listings for Highbrow/Skullcruncher/Weirdwolf are all gone. Though the weird "not selling this in your area" listings of all 4 at over $70 are still there. Not sure what the deal is with those.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.