Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 04:04 PM   #18
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions
Re: 1985 Consumers Distributed prices

The local mall had a Consumers Distributing and a Kmart. CD were always a bit cheaper for the same thing, so you would always check CD for stock first if you knew what you wanted. I think GI Joe/Star Wars figures would be 3.99 for a figure at CD and then 4.99 or something at Kmart.

I got the out of stock quite a lot too. I wanted GoBot Coptor one time and it came up with Fitor with a note along the lines of close enough. Another time a friend and I were both getting Kenner MASK Vampire and it came up with both forms on the one toy as they only had one in stock.

You would have those tiny pencils like they had at banks to fill out a little form with the code of what you wanted. Then you would wait. That store had a conveyer belt that the stuff would come out on and you would always be waiting and hoping your thing would be coming next.

When Nintendo hit they were still a bit cheaper. At that age we learned to call around a bit to see if they had stock before going to look.

We used to plan out our future Christmas and birthdays based on the Consumers catalogues for games or toys and to a lesser extent the Sears Christmas catalogue.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.