Thread: A pause?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 07:32 PM   #17
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Re: A pause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
I think for many of us John Warden and his design team struck plastic gold with the last two trilogies and set the bar high for whatever was to come after. And now that John is no longer with the design team things appear to be changing with the Legacy line. These changes will look either good or bad to each individual.

After taking some time to look over the Legacy Wave 1 reveals and reviewing the suspected leaks for the entire lines for the next year, I'm going to be more selective with my purchases. Since Combiner Wars, I have been buying almost complete lines. With Legacy I'm do something I have not done much in the past, and that is buy the repaint version.

For example:
Skids - I like the Thrilling 30 MTME Skids, so if they repaint this to either Crosscut or Reboost, I'm in.

Prime Acree - I like the first edition Arcee, so if this gets repainted/remoulded to the leaked Alita-1 (or any other bot) I'm interested.

Kickback - I like the legends trio that came out in the last few years, but if they repaint these as their counter parts, this would be appealing, and with the deluxe size, it will give the insecticon army some size variety.

Menasor - even with it's flaws, I like the CW version, I even got the Reprolabels for them. But I have a feeling the Legacy version is going to be really good, so I hope they put out a G2 repaint version. (I did not get any of the G2 repaints for CW)

There are some other figs I have no interest in buying, and I am A-OK with that. Legacy Bulkhead and Lazer Prime do nothing for me. But for someone else, this might be what you have been waiting years for or you just like kooky mix-ups like the Bulkhead. If so, I'm happy for you. I'm realizing not every fig has to be something I want.

Now that Kingdom is coming to an end and Legacy coming in, I think I will slow down with collecting. The insane price hikes are factoring in this a lot, but also, the generations/classics lines have given us an amazing amount of options to choose what version of the characters we want. For me, I didn't want just a repaint of a mold, like Generations (or is it Universe, I forget) Grapple/Inferno/Hotspot. I have three different molds of each from throughout the lines. My Grapple is Generations/Universe, Inferno is Kingdom, and Hotspot is Combiner Wars. To me this is so much more satisfying and gives each character it's own uniquiness.

But one line that still has me interested in a lot is studio series. I like me some Live-Action-Movie-Bots. Say what you will about the movies, I still like the designs. I don't know if I will ever watch The Last Knight again, but dam, Voyager Last Knight Megatron is amazing.

Thanks to Grimlocked for posting this question. I think many of us have been thinking about what are we going to do with this new "chapter" in collecting. Whatever that looks like for you, may it be enjoyable.
Hey, thanks for the flow of answers from everyone. I completely get where you're coming from since I feel like the end of Kingdom is an end to almost a 3-5 year journey with collecting. I feel like Starsaber is the last big thing they will push (though exclusive), but hopefully, it will come to us in the mail with no last-minute compromises on quality.

Who knows? I can only hope that Legacy will miraculously be great but it's just looking so bleak right now.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.