Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 01:46 AM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

I agree that the pricing has gone overboard...

I have 2 Titans:

One being Omega that I do love and probably what I consider the best Titan Hasbro has made, but after seeing 3rd parties versions, I have to say that I kinda wish that I would have had the chance to have one of those, if only to see it in hand and might have gone with them instead. Why? The transparent claws are a bad choice, the wings don't hold on mine, and the design, while quite nice looking, should have been better and the tank be smaller.

My other is Fortress Max. that I do love the giant spaceship mode but that the legs and other parts being reused from Metroplex BUT cannot even be used properly (you cannot open the legs into base mode properly) which is a complete waste.

I had Tripticon for about 30 minutes as he broke as I was taking him out of the box and was returned for refund right away.

But all of them were easily over the 200$ mark with taxes, and all with not really any accessories, very little paint or anything really. They are simply quite overpriced... hell, some parts being part of a platter ends up the wrong colour and painted over... the cutting corners thing really shows a lot more with more and more figures.

The upcoming Ark would have been great as a cheaper approach as a play set of sort instead of turning into a robot... so I'm not sold at all, but open to it once we get to see it.

Trouble is, now that Hasbro knows that it can push prices higher and higher thanks to the Unicron thing, I don't expect a fair price being possible with each passing year.

Hell, when we have "fans" arguing about wanting to pay even more money for figures so that Hasbro can make them "as they should be" instead of asking for better quality at the present price, considering how much all classes have increased in the last few years.

These fans are feeding Hasbro with what they want (to go ahead and increase prices), so no real reason for them to do that much better as so many just eat whatever Hasbro feeds them...

These "fans" are going to kill the hobby as at some point, as more and more people are just quitting and moving on.

So back to the question: would I buy another? it really does depends on what it is, if the price is justifiable... right now, it would have to seriously impress the hell out of me.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.