Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #658
Squid Prime
Mini-Con
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

My experience with NMC is eerily similar to many of you here. I pre-ordered an item back in June, which had a slated date for shipping on November 17, 2021 (via the NMC website). My Visa was charged right away with the full amount.

Later in August, I sent an email directly through NMC, asking some questions about another item (unrelated to the order) on the site. Got no response.

So November comes and goes. No item, still "processing". At the end of November, I send an email checking on what's going on, still get no response. I'm like, okay, well, it's a hectic time with shipping, maybe they're super busy - OK, so I'll wait. December comes and goes, still nothing.

Early January rolls in, and at this point, I'm getting kinda nervous. I send an email asking about my order, I get no response. A week went by and I checked back on my order; this time, the item was GONE off the NMC website. Couldn't search for it, couldn't access it. At this point, I had enough. I decided to call Visa and do a chargeback, since by this point I caught up with all the horrible reviews and experiences people had with this individual, and how he openly berates and belittles people online - I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction, and frankly didn't have the time to get into it with him.

Two days later, I magically get an email from NMC. I added the email address to my junk list, but still managed to skirt the top of his email - he started with "while I see you emailed us..." - I deleted it, because, based on ALL his responses to any kind of customer-related issues, it's never his fault - he also seems obsessed with having the final word (Google reviews is an ongoing shitshow for NMC).

In the end, I never got my item, BUT I did get my money back, paid in full, from Visa. So yeah, avoid NMC at all costs, unless you want some unnecessary drama in your life.
Squid Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.